The website www.southbanktower.com is operated by South Bank Tower Limited, registered in TheIsle of Man under company number 005133V ("we" or "us") and we are a "data controller" for the purposes of the General DataProtection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
How we use your information
We will collect your personal information for purposes set out below. We have also indicated below which legal basis allows us to use your information in this way:
- to identify you (legal basis: because it is in our legitimate interests as a business);
- to respond to any queries which you submit to us through the online enquiry form (legal basis: because it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information to respond to your correspondence);
- if you agree, to provide you with news and updates to let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see'Marketing’ section below (legal basis: where you have consented for us to do so);
- to detect and prevent fraud (legal basis: because it is in our legitimate interests as a business);
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you (legal basis: because it is in our legitimate interests as a business);
- carry out security vetting (legal basis: because it is in our legitimate interests as a business);and
- improve the functionality of our website (legal basis: because it is in our legitimate interests as a business).
We may periodically send you marketing emails and news about the South Bank Tower development, or other information which we think you may find interesting (such as special offers) using the email address which you have provided.
We shall only send you marketing emails where you have given us your consent to do so.
You can opt out of receiving emails from us at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any email which we send to you, or by emailing us at email@example.com
Information which we may collect
We collect personal information about you when you fill out our enquiry form and when you visit our website.
We may collect the following personal information:
- full name;
- postal address;
- email address; and
- telephone numbers;
- log data (i.e. IPAddress, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other usage statistics).
Please note that we do not collect any information in relation to your payment information, such as credit/debit card details.
How long we will keep your personal information
We shall retain your information for no longer than necessary for our purposes, unless we are required by law to retain your personal information for a longer period.
Our approach to information security
To protect your information, we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorized personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place. To achieve this, all employees, contractors and sub-contractors have roles and responsibilities defined in those policies and procedures.
To make sure all employees, contractors and sub-contractors understand these responsibilities they are provided with the necessary training and resources they need.
In addition to these operational measures, we also use a range of technologies and security systems to reinforce the policies.
To make sure that these measures are suitable, vulnerability tests are run regularly. Audits to identify areas of weakness and non-compliance are routinely scheduled. Additionally, all areas of the organisation are constantly monitored and measured to identify problems and issues before they arise.
In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise this right.
- The right to access information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request that the information we hold about you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. Once we have received your request we will respond within 30 days.
- The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
- The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
- The right to object to processing of your data
You have the right to request that South Bank Tower Limited stops processing your data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights
- The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You have the right to request that we stop contacting you with direct marketing. In order to process your request we may need to verify your identity for your security.
- The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
- The right to complain
You can make a complaint to us by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org or to the data protection supervisory authority – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office, at https://ico.org.uk/.
In those cases where we need your consent to hold your information, we will ask you to check a box on any form requiring consent or undertake a similar affirmative action. By undertaking such an affirmative action, you are stating that you have been informed as to why we are collecting the information, how it will be used, for how long it will be kept, who else will have access to it and what your rights are as a data subject.
Sharing your information
Where necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, we may pass your details to third parties where this is necessary for the functioning of our product.
Cookies and Tracking
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Description of cookies
We may use the following categories of cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary: These are cookies which are essential for certain features of our website to work. These cookies do not record identifiable personal information and we do not need your consent to place these cookies on your device. Without these cookies we will be unable to provide all or part of Our Services to you.
- Performance monitoring: We use these cookies to collect details on an anonymous basis about how you use our websites. This information may be used to help us improve our websites and understand how effective our adverts are. In some cases we use trusted third parties to collect this information for us but they only use the information for the purposes explained.
- Functionality: These cookies are used to provide services or remember your settings. These cookies are aimed at enhancing your user experience by remembering your preferences. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and does not enable us to track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Marketing: These cookies are used by trusted third parties to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. Information contained in these cookies is anonymous and doesn't contain your personal information. To find out more about cookies used for targeting and advertising follow www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org or contact us for further information about the trusted third parties we use.
The table below explains what cookies we use and why:
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
When you contact us with an enquiry, we will hold your name and contact details only for the purposes of handling your enquiry.
The online forms are subject to the same cookies and tracking as the rest of the website (see the above section “Cookies and Tracking” for more information).
Calls made to us may be recorded to protect the interests of all parties. Call records are deleted after 28 days unless needed for ongoing actions.
If you have any queries about this Policy, need further information or wish to lodge a complaint you can use the details below to contact us.
Data Protection Officer
South Bank Tower, South Bank, London SE1 9PG
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the website.